Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Destination: Blogosphere

What the blog?  That's right kids, blogging is now cooler than Spacebook and MyFace combined.  But, thankfully, this confirms the theory that my generation will at least be remembered for one thing: creating the world's largest stalker buffet.
In all seriousness, the art of "blogging" has attracted many powerful people world wide, sky-rocketing the level of positive influence social networking can have on mankind. For example:
  • Mark Cuban blogs. He's worth 2.3 billion dollars and nearly singlehandedly brought the Dallas Mavericks from NBA scum to NBA title contenders.
  • Jennifer Love Hewitt blogs. She was in the best Boy Meets World episode ever. Then Feeny killed her.
  • M.C. Hammer blogs. Do I really need to explain what he's done for the world? You can't touch him. Or his Hammer pants.
  • And finally, my mom blogs. She fights big industry/white collar corruption through crazy awesome rhetoric.  I'm sure she's proud, and maybe even a bit teary-eyed, that all of her years of nurturing and motherly love have finally led me to become a blogger. 
I'm not creating this blog to present to the world my personal intimate diary. Though I'll take comfort in the thought that complete strangers want an inside look at my brain.

I am creating this blog to emphasize the awesomeness of life. To find joy, humor, and inspiration in the little, everyday things.  To explore the unexplored.  To show that there is still good in this world worth fighting for.  To stress that the Earth is not a cold dead place. And finally, to echo Napoleon Dynamite, prove to the universe that all your wildest dreams can still come true.